Call Toll Free
GET FREE ESTIMATE
Fully Licensed & Insured:
Protecting Your Possessions
You've spent a lifetime collecting personal possessions and furnishings that have both intrinsic and sentimental value. We offer several options for protecting your goods during the move. The one you select sets the limits of your mover's liability for any loss or damage to your belongings. Please take time to review and understand your options:
For Local and Intra-state Moves
More information coming soon.
For Interstate Moves
Full Replacement Valuation - This coverage costs extra but provides more comprehensive coverage for the real value of your goods. With this plan any items lost or damaged during your move will be repaired or replaced with like items without depreciation for their age. The way it works:
- You declare a lump sum value for your shipment. There is a minimum required declaration of $5.00 per pound (so that for example, a 10,000 lbs. shipment will be valued at a minimum of $50,000).
- You select your desired deductible - $0, $250 or $500.
The final price for this protection plan depends on the value you declare for your goods and the level of deduction you select.
- "Release Rate" Valuation of 60¢ per pound per article - This is minimal coverage liability that is provided at no charge to you. You should note that this often does not cover the actual cost of replacing or repairing your goods. For example: if a 10 lb. laptop computer were lost or destroyed during your move, you would only be reimbursed as follows: 10 lbs. x 60¢ per lb. = $6.00
For International Moves
Red Ball International offers two options for protecting your international shipment:
- “Release Rate” Valuation of 30¢ per pound per article – this is minimal coverage liability that is provided at no charge to you. This typically does not cover the actual cost of replacing or repairing your goods in the event of loss or damage.
- Full Replacement Value protection which may be purchased for an additional fee. If you choose this option, you will be provided with a Valued Inventory form to complete on which you declare the replacement value of each item.
- The minimum recommended declaration is $10.00 per pound (so that for example, a 10,000 lbs. shipment will be valued at a minimum of $100,000).
- Full Value Replacement coverage is available at the following rates:
- Surface Shipments:$25 per $1,000 valuation
- Air Shipments:$20 per $1,000 valuation
- Automobiles:$25 per $1,000 valuation
- Permanent Storage:$1.50 per $1,000 valuation per month
- To learn more about minimums and deductibles and to confirm exact rates for your specific shipment, please contact Red Ball International directly at 800.669.6424 or email@example.com